Ajay K. Singh, Esquire, CPA
Ajay Singh, Esquire, CPA is adept at helping small businesses construct sound legal and tax strategies. Ajay brings a unique perspective to Hunter Business Law clients by being both a licensed attorney as well as a certified public accountant. He can understand the mindset of an entrepreneur having been the managing owner of his own accounting and law firms.
Ajay also provides Hunter Business law clients with strategies in the area of negotiation and dispute resolution. Previously, he served as Adjunct Professor of Negotiation and Mediation at his alma mater, University of Florida Levin College of Law. His background in asset protection, tax planning, contract negotiations and alternative dispute resolution is invaluable for small business owners.
Ajay previously worked with Deloitte and Touche where he advised both publicly traded and private companies in a wide variety of industries. His broad experience allows him to support and foster the growth of Hunter Business Law clients from start-up to buy-out.
- Cum Laude, University of Florida – Fredric G. Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Special Recognition in: Mediation, Negotiation, Entrepreneur Representation
- University of Florida – Fisher School of Accounting, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Accounting
- Practice Areas have included: Business Law, Tax Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Negotiation and Mediation, Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Corporate Compliance.
- Legal Work History:
- Appointed by Circuit Court to serve as Curator (2015 – Present)
- Appointed by Circuit Court to serve as Court Monitor (2013 – 2015)
- Appointed by Circuit Court to serve as Special Magistrate (2013 – 2014)
- AKS Law, PL – Managing Owner – (2013 – 2014)
- Adjunct Professor of Negotiation at UF Levin College of Law – (2012 – 2014)
- AKS Accounting Solutions – Managing Owner – 2009 – 2014
- Controller – Kothi Anta Development – 2007 – 2008
- Senior Auditor – Deloitte and Touche – 2005 – 2007
- Florida Bar
- Florida Bar Committees: Business Law and Tax Law
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- American Association of Attorney-CPA’s
- Indo-US Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Venture Forum
- Presenter at The Value Builder System Seminar on June 21, 2016
- Guest appearance with attorney Sheryl Hunter on Bay News 9 discussing the topic of Crowd Funding – March 14, 2016.
- Author – “Don’t Wait or You’ll be Late”
- Author – “What you need to know about 1099’s”
- Author – “Negotiation – Finding the Win-Win”
- Author – “Negotiation – Planning”
- Author – “Negotiation – Not Just the Money”
- Author – “SBA Loans”
- Indian Cultural and Education Center, Gainesville Board Member, 2013 to present
- Vedic Community Foundation, Board Member, 2012-2013
- Co-Chair of the Deloitte Community Service Group, 2005-2007