Determining when and how much money your business needs to grow is an important milestone in your journey as an entrepreneur. At Hunter Business Law, our attorneys have decades of experience helping start-up and high-growth business enterprises meet their short and long-term capital needs.
Whether you’re a manufacturing company looking for a $250,000 line of credit to fund purchase orders, a pre-revenue start-up limited liability company raising $750,000 in convertible debt, or a fast-growing tech company raising $5 million in a Series A Preferred Stock round as a C corporation, we are able to guide you as you pursue your funding objectives.
For clients engaged in selling stock (or membership units of an LLC) to private investors, known as a private security offering, we assist with:
- determining what SEC registration exemption to fall under and with which to comply
- preparing essential legal documents that investors will demand to review closely
- preparing an investor pitch deck and a pitch presentation
- creating financial projections and your capitalization table, pre- and post-money
- helping you prepare for due diligence by investors and their legal and financial advisors
- positioning your company to secure the funds in the most advantageous manner possible
- vetting investors
- negotiating terms from terms sheet to closing on all transaction documents
Our attorneys extensive experience in negotiating and drafting the essential documents to raise capital from investors in compliance with securities laws.
Our attorneys understand the importance of connections to propel your business forward. When you come to Hunter Business Law, you also gain advocates who stand ready to make high-value introductions to grow your business.
We have many clients that started out with their own money or small amounts of capital from friends and family that continued on to secure sizable investments from prominent angel or venture capital investors. We’re proud to partner with these clients every step of the way as they continue to drive innovation, deliver game-changing products or technology and move the Florida entrepreneurial ecosystem forward.
Our attorneys can assist you in a variety of fundraising options, including:
- Traditional bank and SBA financing
- Private placements of convertible debt or equity (common or preferred stock/membership units)
- Factoring and other alternative funding mechanism
- Represented a crowd-funding platform company raise two rounds of funding exceeding $2.5m in the aggregate.
- Represented a client in the refinancing of real estate and business loans associated with his veterinarian practice, substantially reducing monthly payments to enhance cash flow.
- Represented a technology client in the development of a $2M convertible debt private placement and closing on initial funding of over $650,000.
- In 60 days from start to finish, we helped an educational technology startup raise $500,000.
- Secured a $250k Promissory Note with a warrant to bridge our client’s capital needs until the offering of $2 million was ready to offer to accredited investors, enabling the client to capitalize on customer opportunity without delay.
- Advised client on whether to proceed with investment banking firm agreement to raise capital in exchange for success fee and equity.
- Advised client on risks of term sheet offered by private equity firm and drafted proposed edits and comments to address those concerns.