RECEPTIONIST / OFFICE ASSISTANT
Hunter Business Law was founded with entrepreneurs at the forefront. We have since garnered recognition as the Entrepreneurs Law Firm® for our work in corporate and contract work, securities, intellectual property, and mergers and acquisitions. With deep-rooted relationships in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, our team provides targeted guidance to technology startups, innovative entrepreneurs, and seasoned investors.
At Hunter Business Law, we use the acronym P.E.E.R.S. to define our core values, and use these values when evaluating prospective team members.
As we grow our firm, we are looking to add a Receptionist / Office Assistant to our team. The ideal candidate will not only exemplify our core-values, but will also be a high-energy individual with a positive attitude, and an eye for detail. They must be self-motivated, dependable, able to work independently, and an accurate multi-tasker. They must have previous experience in a customer service or client-facing role. Additionally, they must be able to follow instructions, work under pressure, and be able to pivot between tasks at a moment’s notice. They must be able to take accountability over their tasks, and ensure assignments are completed in a timely manner under the instructions given, prescribed routines, and office policies and procedures.
This role is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, including but not limited to, providing support to our managers and team members, assisting with daily office needs, and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing the main office
- Answeringmulti-line phone system professionally and efficiently, taking detailed messages and/or transferring calls
- Handling initial calls from potential new clients and connecting them with the proper team member
- Retrieving and signing for packages, scheduling mail pickups, and/or take to UPS, FedEx, or the Post Office
- Assisting team members in sending out mail via UPS, FedEx, or the USPS (including certified mail, and certified mail – return receipt)
- Assisting team members in sending out faxes
- Managing, sorting, and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Conductinginventory of office supplies and restocking when needed
- Assisting team members and managers with administrative tasks
- Assisting with booking travel and creating travel itineraries
- Assisting with the maintaining of accurate client records/files,contact lists, and status sheets
- Performing quality assurance/proofreading checks to ensure accuracy
- Keeping the office, conference room, kitchen areas, and bathrooms clean and stocked
- Orderingcatering for office events and meetings, and assisting with office events
- Assisting with holiday planning, gifting, and charity events
- Assisting in sending out team member and client gifts on behalf of the organization
- Have at least 2 years of office administrative experience preferably in clerical and office environment (required)
- The ability to work Monday – Friday (8:30 am to 5:30 pm, required)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and team-driven environment
- Be detail-oriented with a desire to improve current processes
- The ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Provide administrative support to office staff and other company personnel
- Have clear and effective communication skills via phone and email
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
- Be able to maintain confidential information and privacy considerations
- Be reliable, dependable, and punctual
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Have the desire for personal growth and education
Interested in joining our team and meet the above requirements?